Morning Fourteen: Guidance from the Holy Spirit
28 Days of Morning Prayer Focus
The more we grow in ‘walking in the Spirit’ the more the Holy Spirit will reveal Truth to us in many areas.
• Truth about God
• Truth about ourselves
• Truth about the Word of God
• Truth about His Glory, His love, etc.
• Truth about the unity of His Spirit, etc.
Indeed, we need the Holy Spirit, who is the Spirit of Truth and of Power, to come in power. By “power” we mean the ability to do, to act, to walk in, to live in.
Consider the following summary points about how the power of the Holy spirit can be manifested and work in and through our lives:
1. Power over the works of satan (1 John 3:8, Luke 10:17-20, 2 Cor. 10:3-6)
2. Powerover sin (Romans 6)
3. Power to be overcomers (1 John 5:1-4)
4. Power to live the life God is calling us to live (Matthew 4:18-20)
5. Power to do the works of God (John 14:120
6. Power to love (1 Cor. 13)
7. Power to produce the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22)
8. Power to walk in freedom (Gal. 5:1-2 Romans 8:1-2)
9. Power to witness (Acts 1:8)
10. Power to pray (Romans 8:26)
11. Power to be children of God (Romans 8:14-16)
These are but a few outworking of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
As individuals, as families, as local churches and as part of the bride of Christ, we need to constantly be growing in our ability to walk in step with the Holy Spirit. This will in turn cause us to grow into believers who naturally live power-filled, supernatural lives that bring the love and light of God to a dying world. May we become desperate with the desire for more of God. May we long deeply for the Holy Spirit to lead us every day and in every way to be lights in a dying world.
“But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.” John 16:13
“The moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.” Romans 8:26-28
Lord, I pray you would move the Spirit more boldly in my life. I know that any sin can grieve and diminish the voice of the Spirit, and I pray against the temptation to sin. Help me crave your presence more than I crave sin. Help me grow in the fruit of the Spirit and so walk closer with Yourself. I pray for guidance from your Spirit- let your will and promises always be a meditation of my heart. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.